Complete the Online Application
To begin the process, please complete the online application . If it is your first time applying, you will need to create a username and password to access the application.
Pay Application Fee
Pay the nonrefundable mandatory application fee ($50 US). Please select the one of the icons below to make the payment through PayPal or an International Wire Transfer by accessing NAU’s wire transfer banking information. The application fee covers initial mailing, entrance testing, and airport pick-up
Prepare Supporting Documents
Remember, your application and all admission requirements must be complete and submitted before an admission decision will be made. The supporting documents should be sent to the Admission Office as an attachment at [email protected]
RESIDENT & INTERNATIONAL Academic Requirments
High school diploma/transcript or equivalence.
Note: International students planning to apply and attend North American University’s undergraduate and graduate degree-programs upon completion of the Intensive English Program, who were educated in countries where English is not the official language, must provide official academic transcripts and diploma in both their native language and the English language translation.
The following guidelines must be followed for translations to be official. The Office of Admissions reserves the right to reject translations that do not meet these guidelines. Please see your local telephone book directory for listings of translation services.
Official translations must:
- Be prepared using the same format as the original
- Be verbatim and have all information translated
- Be typed and signed by the translator
Official translations can only be prepared by the following:
- Consulate or embassy of the country that issues that document or translations
- Translation service or agency or immigration refugee association
- The institution where the student received his/her degree (If the institution does not provide this service, the applicant may need to request two transcripts. One to be sent to North American University and one for translation purposes)
- A faculty member of a U.S. university
Translations by U.S Faculty members must:
- Be typed on school letterhead / stationary
- State that the translator is a faculty member and of which department
- Include a signed statement from the translator attesting to his/her familiarity with the foreign language
Translations completed by the following will not be accepted:
- A notary public
- The student or member of the student’s family
- Non-faculty school personnel
Beginning Jan. 2014, Texas state law (SB 62) mandates that all entering students under the age of 22 provide a certificate signed by a health care provider or an official immunization record verifying that a student has been vaccinated against bacterial meningitis, or has received a booster during the five years prior to registration. Students may also submit proof of approved conscience exemption from the Texas Department of State Health Services. For more information about Bacterial Meningitis visit the Center for Disease Control
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS must also provide:
Copy of Passport
A copy of the biographical page of your passport and visa if available.
Demonstrate Financial Resources
Financial Statement:The United States government requires all international applicants to provide proof of ability to pay tuition and living expenses before a formal letter of admission or the forms needed for obtaining a visa can be issued. Your financial statement must show a minimum available balance of:
- Summer Intensive English Program
- One session (~6 weeks): $ 4,100.00 USD
- Two sessions (~6 weeks): $ 8,200.00 USD
- Intensive English Program Session
- One Session (~2 months): $ 4,100.00 USD
- Two Sessions (~4 months): $ 8,200.00 USD
- Academic Year (~12 months): $ 24,600.00 USD
This amount would be enough for all of your educational and living expenses. If you will have dependents coming with you, please show funds for them also: $6,000 USD for the first dependent, $3,000 USD for each additional dependent.
One of the following is required for your financial statement:
- A current personal bank statement or letter from your bank
- A bank statement from your parent, guardian, employer or sponsor PLUS an International Financial Support Form (Sponsorship Letter)
- A scholarship letter from your government or sponsoring organization
Please note that documents need to be dated and the name on these documents must be written in English.